Wednesday 4 February 2009

Noise annoys

As a quick follow up to Pete's last posting I'd like to thank him for stepping in and unplugging my amplifier just in time to stop me from taking my Pete Townshend obsession to it's logical conclusion! I took it to Roger the amplifier repairman who left it running for 2 days during which it didn't make one single untoward sound- he replaced some valves and their seatings (the bits they plug into- that's about the limit of my technical knowledge!) to be on the safe side, and it sounded fine at last weekend's gigs, at The Millfield Theatre in Edmonton and a corporate show for the Seddon company at The I.C.C. in Birmingham. The latter was a interesting evening as Pete, Mike, Dave and myself played a set in the foyer as the guests arrived (if you've ever wondered what it sounds like when an old punk like me attempts to play swing and jazz standards this was your chance to find out! Here's a clue- you didn't miss much from me, but Dave played brilliantly) and company chairman Stewart joined us on stage for 'Mustang Sally'- I bet he regrets asking who owed the Telecaster...

Cheers- Leigh.

No comments: